Qualification Structure and Unit Content
Learners must complete a total of 18 credits to achieve the full qualification:
- all three mandatory units (11 credits)
- a minimum of one unit from Group A (minimum of 3 credits)
- a further 4 credits from any of the optional groups (A, B, or C)
- a minimum of 11 credits must be achieved at Level 4:
Mandatory Units (all level 4, total 11 credits):
- Movement assessment and analysis (6)
- Understanding how to progress and prepare for Classical Pilates matwork (2)
- Understanding modes of progression and regression in a Pilates environment (3)
Group A: special populations (must select a
minimum of one special population group - 4&5 or 6&7)
- Physical activity and health considerations for the pre- and post-natal client (2)
- Design and implement exercise programmes for the pre- and post-natal client (3)
- Physical activity and health considerations for the older adult (3)
- Designing and adapting exercise programmes for the older adult (3)
Group B: repertoire
- Understanding physical activity and its impact on bone health
- Teaching adaptations and progressions of classical Pilates matwork (4)
- Choreographic adaptations for Pilates matwork (3)
- Adaptations to mat-based Pilates utilising a standing position (3)
- Adapting a mat-based Pilates session using small equipment (3)
Group C: client specific
- Adapting a physical activity programme for the needs of a specific sport/discipline (3)
(Note: If you hold a QCF Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym, Aqua or ETM) you are exempt from units 2 and 3. If you hold a QCF PT or Exercise Referral qualification you are exempt from unit 1)
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Matwork, or equivalent and a minimum of 6-12 months' experience in Instructing Pilates Matwork at Level 3.
The assessment includes worksheets, a case study, plans and practical examination.
Three face-to-face days. With home study and webinars.
The course is also available 'in-house' for a minimum of 8 instructors
Course Venues, Dates, Times
Please contact us for further guidance.